Thursday, June 2, 2011

2004 pontiac montana wiper timing?

I have this crappy setup. You know the kind of wipers that go away from eachother, instead of just left/right? That's the one!

I changed the wiper transmission, motor, armature on top of motor, and now I can't figure out how to set the timing so the arms behave correctly when they are on intermittent setting, and also when they park.

I have no instruction manual for this, and was hoping someone would either scan the relevant page for me, or just tell me how to do it. I've tried resetting the arm thing on the motor, moving the arms, and also there is this small slot on that arm thing on top of the motor, I have adjusted this setting as well, but arghh, I just can't get it right. Please help, this has been driving me nutz!2004 pontiac montana wiper timing?
Take the wiper arms off both transmissions stubs. Turn the wiper motor on for a couple of cycles.Turn the wipers off. Replace the arms..There should be a little casting mark in the windshield for location. If the arms do not return to the proper location after a trial run.. the 'small slot on that arm thing(linkage) on top of the motor' will make the fine adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment