Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hey I have a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser and the front wipers wont turn off! I can change the speed but thats it?

I can change the speed but when i try to turned them off they keep on on the first speed. Do you guys know how I can fix this or how i cant turn them off until I can get it checked out by the warranty it's far from where I live so I need to turn them off or fix them on my own! thanksHey I have a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser and the front wipers wont turn off! I can change the speed but thats it?
you can take the fuse out until you go to the dealer to get it fixed, this will cut the power to them and they will stop



in the fuse box they can be labeled as WW motor, windsheld wiper, or something like that, but you need to find the fuse and take it outHey I have a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser and the front wipers wont turn off! I can change the speed but thats it?
you should have your drivers manual, read up in it about the wiper stick operation,

it has many positions, down for intermittent, up for other operations, and the end might rotate,

IF something is messing with it being able to be put in the off position then you are looking at messing with the steering column, AND the air bag is right there in the way, Best maybe to seek a close dealership during the day.Hey I have a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser and the front wipers wont turn off! I can change the speed but thats it?
Locate the fuse box, disconnect the fuse that goes to the wipers. Some cars have multiple fuse boxes. But most likely it would be inside the car. Try looking around the driver side. Could be near the floor where the pedals are or on the dashboard side as you open the door.Hey I have a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser and the front wipers wont turn off! I can change the speed but thats it?
If it won't turn off in any position then the switch is probably bad. You can replace it yourself and if you are worried about setting off the air bag just unhook the ground on the battery before starting to work on it. Without ground nothing is going to work. For now you can find the fuse for the wipers and take it out, that will shut them off until you can get a switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment