Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I bought myself a Used Car, and now I want to upgrade the interior! How can I do this?

I bought myself a Nissan Altima '07 2.5 S .

The car is great but the downside is that the interior is absolutely pathetic. I think that the car was initally purchased by a rental car company, so the options on it are minimal. At it's current state, it only comes with the basic cloth interior features.

So now I want to get a complete interior upgrade/swap if that's possible. Does anyone know how I may be able to do this??



Here are some things that I want to change/upgrade in no particular order:



1. Replace the current manual adjustable cloth seats with automatic adjustable leather/leatherette seats. Also install heated seats option.



2. Install Automatic headlights and automatic rain-sensor wipers if possible. I am assuming that these upgrades would also require an upgrade to the rear-view mirror. (I think that's where the sensor would be)



3. Basically change all the plastic uphostery and etc to a more nicer cleaner look.



I guess I can summarize everything and say that what I want is to upgrade my 2.5 S trim to a 2.5 SL trim. Is this possible?!? If so, how do I do it? Do I contact a dealer? What price tag would this sort of upgrade cost me?



THANKS!



I bought myself a Used Car, and now I want to upgrade the interior! How can I do this?
Why didnt you just get a 06 2.5SL if you could not find an 07? You might as well buy another cadr if you are going to all thisI bought myself a Used Car, and now I want to upgrade the interior! How can I do this?
Contact a local upholstery shop.I bought myself a Used Car, and now I want to upgrade the interior! How can I do this?
Please your going about this the wrong way. You purchased a base model car that does not have the wiring harness for auto adjust pedals mirrors and electric seats. Seats these days have air bags in them on the high end cars but not in the base models. So air bag that protects won't plug in. electricity to the electric seat? door panel seat set buttons? electric steering coloum? auto dimming compass mirror with home link? Navigation screen DVD player? 18%26quot; alloy wheels with 245/45/18 tires. Aux I-pod input? Drive that old rent car save money keep looking for a completely loaded Altima 3.5 liter with technology package sunroof leather and all the features already installed because installing them separately will cost more than you paid for the current car. And talk about safety and liability issues! Really!I bought myself a Used Car, and now I want to upgrade the interior! How can I do this?
You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear...... You can only make a highly refined sow's ear................ I'd be afraid I'd be spending more money than it's worth...... You can change the plastic upholstery without too much trouble, But forget about the electric things working. So I guess the best you can expect, is some sort of in between.................... Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment