Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Should I change the ignition switch on my 93 nissan sentra?

GA16DE engine.

Dual cams.

4door

1.6L

It started absolutely fine this morning when I went to the bank for a second, but when I came back and then got ready to go to work, all I got was a single click. I put it in neutral to see if it would start, but once again, nothing but the single click. Decided it might be the battery, but cell levels are fine and windshield wipers run at normal pace as well as car windows go up and down without problem. What do you guys think? I'm really itching to just change the ignition switch but it could be the neutral safety switch(although this wouldn't stop it from starting in neutral, unless I'm mistaken about how it works). Would like a second opinion on this madness so I can bring some method to it.Should I change the ignition switch on my 93 nissan sentra?
i would suspect the stater or solenoid. electrical accessories do not require as much amperage as the starter.Should I change the ignition switch on my 93 nissan sentra?
do this first ,take a 12 volt test light and have someone try and start the vehicle,see if thers any voltage getting to the starter solenoid,if you have voltage their its not the switch,to change the ignition switch you have to take apart the plastic covers that are over it and drill out the two blind screws that hold it in,i changed mine because it went bad,it takes about an hour to change one out,but id check for voltage at the strater first,then go from there with it,theres also a starter relay on those that will cause problems,that may be the click your hearing on it,check that also,they do cause some problems sometimes,good luck on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment