Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a 59 volkswagon bug that runs off a 6 volt motor but I put a 12 volt battery on it. ?

I changed all my bulbs to 12 volt.Im worried about burning out my wipers and semiphores because they go too fast. Wipers will not stop. Sometimes I have to disconnect the battery just to make wipers stop. What can I do? Can I regulate the voltage some how? Or do i have to buy 12 volt wipers and semiphores? I have a 59 volkswagon bug that runs off a 6 volt motor but I put a 12 volt battery on it. ?
Go to a VW parts house and buy a voltage reducer, some have a special wiper switch on them which reduces voltage and will give you different speeds too. If you don't do this, it will burn up the wiper motor among other things, like your voltage regulator, okay? I just got this information from my husband, and together we own 8 Volkswagen's..He is also one of the best %26amp; honest mechanic's around...really. Good luck, and welcome to the world of %26quot;BUGS%26quot;I have a 59 volkswagon bug that runs off a 6 volt motor but I put a 12 volt battery on it. ?
you need to get a converter and 12 volt motors or knock the 12 volt down to six. this is not something you should be messing with unless you know cars and electronics.I have a 59 volkswagon bug that runs off a 6 volt motor but I put a 12 volt battery on it. ?
12 volt bulbs will fit in the lighting system and you need to get a 12 volt flasher. Use Ohms law to calculate how much resistance you need to add in the wiper circuit (or replace with 12 volt ones).

Don't forget the head lights need to be 12 volt too.

Trying to get a resistor to carry all of the car is the amp draw for the starter. It would need a large heat sink. So just drop the voltage for the wipers and radio (if 12 volt).

Oh yes you will need a different voltage regulator and generator.I have a 59 volkswagon bug that runs off a 6 volt motor but I put a 12 volt battery on it. ?
get a converter go to midamericamotorworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment